Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Reducing connection overhead in pg_upgrade compat check phase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07.02.24 14:25, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 6 Feb 2024, at 17:47, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

>>> IMHO this patch is worth trying to get into v17.  I'd be happy to take it
>>> forward if Daniel does not intend to work on it.
>>
>> I actually had the same thought yesterday and spent some time polishing and
>> rebasing it.  I'll post an updated rebase shortly with the hopes of getting it
>> committed this week.
>
> Attached is a v11 rebased over HEAD with some very minor tweaks.  Unless there
> are objections I plan to go ahead with this version this week.

A few more quick comments:

I think the .report_text assignments also need a gettext_noop(), like
the .status assignments.

The type DataTypesUsageChecks is only used in check.c, so doesn't need
to be in pg_upgrade.h.

Idea for further improvement: Might be nice if the
DataTypesUsageVersionCheck struct also included the applicable version
information, so the additional checks in version.c would no longer be
necessary.