Re: upload of rebuilt packages to the repository

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: upload of rebuilt packages to the repository
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Tue, 2018-03-06 at 13:36 +0100, Philippe Kueck wrote:

> I've noticed that from time to time PostgreSQL pushes rebuilds of
> already existing packages[1] – i.e. same %{name}, %{epoch}, %{version},
> %{release} and same filename but different content – into the yum
> repository.
>
> Please don't to that.

Err, we *never* do so. Can you please give me an example?

> If the existing package is buggy or corrupt, just increase %{release}
> and push the new package to the repo.
> Otherwise yum and mirrors might not handle it correctly. With cached
> metadata, yum will complain about checksum mismatches.

When we add/update a new package, the metadata is updated, so if the cached
version (on OS side) does not match, you get this message. That is the only
reason for this issue (and it is not an issue, IMHO)

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com