Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Дата
Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've marked this Ready for Committer.

Hmm ... not sure I like the proposed output.  The 'a', 'i', 's'
annotations are short but they don't have much else to recommend them.
On the other hand, there's nearby precedent for single-letter
abbreviations in ACL displays.  Nobody particularly likes those,
though.  Also, if we're modeling this on ACLs then the display
could be further shortened to "(ais)" or the like.

Also, the patch is ignoring i18n issues.  I suppose if we stick with
said single-letter abbreviations we'd not translate them, but the
construction "rolename from rolename" ought to be translatable IMO.
Perhaps it'd be enough to allow replacement of "from", but I wonder
if the phrase order would need to be different in some languages?