Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2021-06-09 at 16:50 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> BTW, can't we consider it to be part of
>> create_slot_opt_list?

> Yes, that would be better. It looks like the physical and logical slot
> options are mixed together -- should they be separated in the grammar
> so that using an option with the wrong kind of slot would be a parse
> error?

That sort of parse error is usually pretty unfriendly to users who
may not quite remember which options are for what; all they'll get
is "syntax error" which won't illuminate anything.  I'd rather let
the grammar accept both, and throw an appropriate error further
downstream.