Re: Preserve subscription OIDs during pg_upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preserve subscription OIDs during pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:
> Recently we have supported upgrade of subscriptions,but currently
> subscription OIDs can be changed when a cluster is upgraded using
> pg_upgrade. It will be better to preserve them as it will be easier to
> compare subscription related objects in pg_subscription and
> pg_subscription_rel in the old and new clusters.

I do not think that's a sufficient argument.  For other object types,
we only go through these pushups if we *have to* do so because the
OIDs may appear in user tables or file names.  I don't see a reason
that subscriptions deserve special treatment.