Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> And I'm not even sure how I'd explain the rules to someone.

text is preferred to "char" which is preferred to unknown.

This particular example would be less confusing if 'Hey'::"char"
threw an error, but that behavior is the result of an ancient
(bad?) decision in the input function of one legacy datatype.
It's not, IMNSHO, evidence of an overall failure of the type system
as a whole.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"