Re: zero values in statistic views

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: zero values in statistic views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn@cornelia-boenigk.de> writes:
> stats_row_level and stats_block_level are disabled in postgresql.conf.
> I used the SET command to activate them.

That's not going to accomplish a lot --- it'll only cause the session
you did the SET in to report to the stats collector.  You need to change
them in postgresql.conf and SIGHUP the postmaster so that they'll take
effect in all sessions.

>>> If it's not running, look in the postmaster log right after
>>> restarting the postmaster; there may be a message there about why
>>> not.

> I cannot restart the postmaster, it is a production server.

[ shrug... ] If the stats collector isn't running, you aren't going to
get it to run without a postmaster restart.  But you didn't say what
the ps output showed.