Re: propose: detail binding error log

От Ioseph Kim
Тема Re: propose: detail binding error log
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
thanks for reply.

Craig wrote:
>> At the time PostgreSQL parses the statement it doesn't know the
>> parameter values yet, because PgJDBC hasn't sent them to it. It
>> cannot log them even if they mattered, which they don't.

I know already that, so I wrote how can see error value at server log.

case 1: in psql simple query

ERROR:  42804: column "a" is of type integer but expression is of type
text at character 45
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
LOCATION:  transformAssignedExpr, parse_target.c:529
STATEMENT:  prepare aaa (text) as insert into b values ($1);

when this case, server error log is right that does not know value
because not yet be assigned.

but.
case 2: in jdbc program.
ERROR:  42804: column "a" is of type boolean but expression is of type
integer at character 25
HINT:  You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
LOCATION:  transformAssignedExpr, parse_target.c:529
STATEMENT:  insert into test values ($1)

when this case, statement is 'insert', I think binding values already
sent to server, then server can display these.

I want see that
"ERROR:  42804: column "a" is of type boolean but expression is of type
integer(input value = 24) at character 25"

Best regards, Ioseph.

2016-03-15 (화), 13:54 +0800, Craig Ringer: