Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]

От Thorsten Schöning
Тема Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Guten Tag Ron,
am Montag, 8. Juni 2020 um 15:35 schrieben Sie:

> Would a set of GLOBAL temporary tables be a better fit for your problem
> (eliminating the need to create temporary tables each time)?

Do you mean plain tables simply created using CREATE TABLE or is there
some additional concept of temporary tables I'm not aware of? Because I
thought truly temporary tables are always session-specific:

> Temporary tables are automatically dropped at the end of a session,
> or optionally at the end of the current transaction (see ON COMMIT
> below).

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/sql-createtable.html

It totally depends on runtime and users if those tables are necessary
at all in theory. So the benefit of using session-private once
automatically maintained in my opinion is that I can introduce them
easily as necessary without customizing my schema. My schema and all
changes to it are versioned and I would like to avoid the maintenance
overhead adding temp-tables which can easily change with the
implementation using them.

OTOH, if they are necessary at all at some point, the schema might be
a good place to make aware of them, document their usage and stuff. i
will think about that, so thanks for the hint!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Сообщение: Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]
Сообщение: Re: Concurrenctly running CREATE TEMP TABLE IF NOT EXISTS [...] AS [...]