Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> the attached file is a tcpdump of a connect attempt.

Hm.  The postmaster is sending back 'N' indicating that it does not want
to do SSL.

Are you sure you are connecting to an SSL-enabled postmaster?

Also, is your connection by any chance IPV6?  It doesn't look like it
from the tcpdump, but I'm not sure I know how to tell.

The relevant bit of code in the postmaster is

#ifdef USE_SSL
        /* No SSL when disabled or on Unix sockets */
        if (!EnableSSL || port->laddr.addr.ss_family != AF_INET)
            SSLok = 'N';
        else
            SSLok = 'S';        /* Support for SSL */
#else
        SSLok = 'N';            /* No support for SSL */
#endif

so one of the paths that chooses 'N' is being followed.  The test on
AF_INET is broken, since it should allow for IPV6, but otherwise I
don't see what's getting you.

Сообщение: Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available)
Сообщение: Re: PG 7.3.1 with ssl on linux hangs (testcase available)