Re: PMChildFlags array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PMChildFlags array
Дата
Список pgsql-general
bhargav kamineni <bhargavpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
>> So ... how many is "a bunch"?
> more than 85

Hm.  That doesn't seem like it'd be enough to trigger the problem;
you'd need about max_connections excess connections (that are shortly
going to be rejected) to run into this problem, and you said you
had max_connections = 500.  Maybe several different clients were all
doing this at once?

But anyway, AFAICS there is only one code path that could lead to the
reported error message, so one way or another you got there.  I've
pushed a fix for this, which will be in next month's releases.

> below errors observed after crash in postgres logfile :

> ERROR:  xlog flush request  is not satisfied for couple of tables , we have
> initiated the vacuum full on those tables and the error went off after that.
> ERROR:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match: block 273660 links to
> 273500 instead of expected 273661 in index -- observed this error while
> doing vacuum freeze on databsase , we have dropped this index and created a
> new one

That seems unrelated.  A postmaster crash shouldn't have any
data-corruption consequences, since it never touches any
relation files directly.