Re: pgsql: Publish more openly the fact that autovacuum is working for

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Publish more openly the fact that autovacuum is working for
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
alvherre@postgresql.org (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> Publish more openly the fact that autovacuum is working for wraparound
> protection.

Now that I look more closely, there are two things I don't like about
this patch:

* it fails to ratchet up MAX_AUTOVAC_ACTIV_LEN to allow for the
additional text

* it produces something like

    autovacuum: VACUUM (to prevent wraparound) foo.bar

I had thought we were generating

    autovacuum: VACUUM foo.bar (to prevent wraparound)

which seems both easier to read and less likely to break any
existing code that might be trying to interpret pg_stat_activity
entries.