Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3

От harpagornis
Тема Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3
Дата
Re: SSL Certificates in Windows 7 & Postgres 9.3  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Some more questions if you please.  I am in Houston, and we don't have a
postgres users group.  If anyone knows of some postgres groups that have
webcasts of their meetings, let me know.  Thanks.

I am trying to figure out how to manage the SSL client certificates in a
Windows 7 environment, both in development mode and alternatively, a working
/ production environment.  Lets say I have several application databases,
and each database has one or more user ids for logging in, then I will need
to create a separate client certificate for each user id that is being used
to login.  Correct?

Since the client certificate is always named postgresql.crt, then I will
need to place these variations of the postgresql.crt file in separate
folders.  Correct?

The location that postgres looks for the server and client and root
certificates is the location specified in the environmental variable,
Search_Path.  Correct?

So in a development environment, I will need to manually edit the PG_DATA
and Search_Path environmental variables and restart the postgres service
whenever I want to test connecting with a different postgresql.crt?

And, in a working / production environment, I will need to programmatically
set the PG_DATA and Search_path environmental variables and restart
postgres?    Are there other methods/ practices commonly used for these
operations?  Thank you in advance.