Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Дата
Re: Remove source code display from \df+?  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 at 14:26, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
> wrote:
>> This one would fail the sanity check that all roles created by
>> regression tests need to have names that start with "regress_".

> Thanks for the correction. Now I feel like I've skipped some of the
> readings!
> Updated patch attached. Informally, I am adopting the regress_* policy for
> all object types.

That's excessive.  The policy Alvaro mentions applies to globally-visible
object names (i.e., database, role, and tablespace names), and it's there
to try to ensure that doing "make installcheck" against a live
installation won't clobber any non-test-created objects.  There's no point
in having such a policy within a test database --- its most likely effect
there would be to increase the risk that different test scripts step on
each others' toes.  If you feel a need for a name prefix for non-global
objects, use something based on the name of your test script.