Re: Nulls in timestamps

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Nulls in timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-general
markMLl.pgsql-general@telemetry.co.uk writes:
> Where does PostgreSQL rank nulls when sorting a column of timestamps, is this
> behaviour deterministic, and can I rely on it not changing in the future?

Nulls sort high (in any datatype, not only timestamps).  It's possible
that we'd offer an option to make them sort low in the future, but I
can't imagine that we'd change the default behavior.

regression=# (select 1 as x union select null) order by x;
---
 1

(2 rows)

regression=# (select 1 as x union select null) order by x desc;
---

 1
(2 rows)

regression=#