Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Now, this case is a little trickier.  If we called it simply
> parallel_degree rather than max_parallel_degree, then it would have
> the same name as the reloption.  But the reloption sets an exact
> value, and the GUC sets a cap, which is a significant difference.

The reloption does not set an exact value, according to the code:
       /*        * Use the table parallel_degree, but don't go further than        * max_parallel_degree.        */
 parallel_degree = Min(rel->rel_parallel_degree, max_parallel_degree);

although the existing documentation for it is so vague that you
couldn't tell from that.