Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> Actually the problem is:
> jurka=# select 'infinity'::float8::float4;
> ERROR:  type "real" value out of range: overflow

Well, that's definitely a problem, but what PG version are you testing
on what platform?  I get this using CVS HEAD on Fedora 9, Darwin, and
HPUX:

regression=# select 'infinity'::float8::float4;
  float4
 Infinity
(1 row)

I suspect that you aren't getting true "Infinity" from
'infinity'::float8 in the first place, but some large number,
which then fails to fit into float4.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type
Сообщение: Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type