Re: BUG #8749: Error Size Integer

От David Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #8749: Error Size Integer
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
leandroeiro wrote

> Bug reference:      8749
> Logged by:          Leandro
> Email address:

> leandroeiro@

> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
> Operating system:   Ubuntu
>
> I tried to change the Integer size and appears this:
>

> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
> LINE 1: ...jgovce_jevents_vevent" ALTER COLUMN "ev_id" TYPE integer(12)
>                                                                    ^
>

> No bloco:
> ALTER TABLE "public"."jgovce_jevents_vevent" ALTER COLUMN "ev_id" TYPE
> integer(12)

You cannot "change the Interger size" using "(n)" notation.

From the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-numeric.html#DATATYPE-INT

"SQL only specifies the integer types integer (or int), smallint, and
bigint. The type names int2, int4, and int8 are extensions, which are also
used by some other SQL database systems."

So not only is your syntax wrong but you are trying to create a size that
does not exist - i.e., 12

David J.