Re: JDBC & custom type of variable types (!)

От David Johnston
Тема Re: JDBC & custom type of variable types (!)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Marc Mamin-2 wrote
> Can I rely on a ClassCastException  as below to find the correct matching?
> even when the custom type has NULL(s) in it ?

Even if you could you should not.  Generating exceptions is expensive.  Try
"instanceof" testing instead.

I don't know enough bounce custom types in JDBC but as the column has the
type, not the value, the result of getObject should be known even if NULL is
involved.

David J.