Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2013-11-05 at 04:14 -0800, bsreejithin wrote:

> Not able to post the attached details as a comment in the reply box, so
> attaching it as an image file :
> <http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5776987/Untitled.png>
>

> --

to achieve what you want.... bdate needs to be defined as a date, not a
string.

test=# create table temptabl(bdate date);
CREATE TABLE
Time: 239.358 ms
test=# insert into temptabl values('33-OCT-2013');
ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "33-OCT-2013"
LINE 1: insert into temptabl values('33-OCT-2013');                                   ^
HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
Time: 0.288 ms
test=#