Re: Transactions and constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Transactions and constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Emil Eifrem <emil.eifrem@windh.com> writes:
> Upon commit, we get the following error message:
> "ERROR:  my_ref referential integrity violation - key referenced from
> table_b not found in table_a"
> We believe this to be valid SQL. We have successfully executed the
> equivalent statements on an Informix Dynamic Server 9.20.

I do not get an error with current sources.  I believe this was fixed
by Stephan Szabo's recent patch:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c.diff?r1=1.32&r2=1.33

I am hesitant to back-patch this in for 7.2.2, however, since it has
received essentially no testing.  (Two things clearly wrong with the
original patch are that it doesn't close pk_rel again, and it neglects
to reset ReferentialIntegritySnapshotOverride before returning.)  But
if you care to apply it locally with those repairs, it may hold you
until 7.3 ...