Re: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW .. FOR UPDATE

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW .. FOR UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Does the combination in $SUBJECT make sense?
>
> I don't think so; I don't know what it would mean.

Oh, I see -- it's part of the SELECT statement, causing a row-level
lock on each row as it is accessed.

>> It is currently allowed,
>
> I will take a look.

Now that I'm reading it correctly, it seems within the realm of
possibility that someone might have a legitimate use for this.  I
don't see any reason to jump through any hoops to prevent anyone
from doing it.  It is worth noting that both CREATE VIEW and CREATE
TABLE AS allow the same thing.

Thanks for pointing this out, though.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: StrategyGetBuffer optimization, take 2
Сообщение: Re: StrategyGetBuffer optimization, take 2