Re: Where is the char and varchar length in pg_catalog for function input variables

От jam3
Тема Re: Where is the char and varchar length in pg_catalog for function input variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yeah thats what I was starting to wonder if those lengths basically mean
nothing. I am writing a ton of functions to unit test all of the functions
in our app and am generating random strings and would like to pass the
lengths to my random string generator so if it's varchar 50 I am generating
a string between 0 and 50 length but since I can't find the length value I
guess I am just going to put an arbitrary length in.

Would be nice to know what exactly is going on when you have a length
specified on an input variable in pg_catalog.