Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver
Дата
Re: primary_conninfo missing from pg_stat_wal_receiver  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Even there seems to be ongoing discussions on changing version number
>> while in the beta period (and which definitely requires initdb). Why
>> not changing system catalog during beta?:-)

> I am not directly against that to be honest, but I'd expect Tom's
> wraith showing up soon on this thread just by saying that. In the two
> last releases, catalog bumps before beta2 because there were no other
> choice. This issue is not really critical, just a stupid miss from me,
> and we can live with this mistake as well.

Since pg_stat_wal_receiver is new in 9.6, it seems to me that it'd be
wise to try to get it right the first time.  And it's not like we are
going to get to beta3 without another initdb --- we already know the
partial-aggregate design is broken and needs some more catalog changes.

What I would want to know is whether this specific change is actually a
good idea.  In particular, I'm concerned about the possible security
implications of exposing primary_conninfo --- might it not contain a
password, for example?