Re: Postgres running but no postmaster.pid

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgres running but no postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from simon.marshall's message of mié ago 03 11:56:55 -0400 2011:
> In fact, looking at it further, we stop the database (only continuing if this
> succeeds), copy our backup data over, remove the copied over postmaster.pid,
> make some config. changes and then (again, only if all this succeeds), start
> the database again, which should surely recreate postmaster.pid?

Why would you remove the copied postmaster.pid?  Surely if the database
is stopped, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

... oh, are you copying a database that's running elsewhere?

Сообщение: Re: Postgres running but no postmaster.pid
Сообщение: Re: Postgres running but no postmaster.pid