Re: Creating new remote branch in git?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Creating new remote branch in git?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of lun jun 13 18:38:46 -0400 2011:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> > Is putting remotes in your ~/.gitconfig  good practice? I certainly
> > don't have any in mine.
>
> Putting 'github' in there allows me to push/pull from github branches
> without having to specify the github URL.

I think his point is that they are more properly specified in each
repo's .git/config file, not the global $HOME/.gitconfig.  If you were
to check out some other, unrelated project, you could end up pushing
unrelated branches to PG's repo ...  Not sure if this is really
possible, but it certainly seems scary to do things that way.