Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) have PGC_USERSET GucContext

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #928: server_min_messages (log_min_messages in CVS) have PGC_USERSET GucContext
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> In src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c "server_min_messages"
> ("log_min_messages" in CVS)configuration option have PGC_USERSET
> GucContext. I think that it is not good idea that user can
> change server log details level. I suggest change GucContext in
> this case on PGC_SIGHUP.

PGC_SUSET would be appropriate if we think that there's really a security
issue here.  But ISTM this was already considered when the present setup
was designed, and we deliberately chose USERSET.  Bruce, do you remember
what the reasoning was?