Re: Perl's newSViv() versus 64-bit ints?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Perl's newSViv() versus 64-bit ints?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Salvador Fandiño <sfandino@gmail.com> writes:
> Another possibility is to just use newSVnv(), but NVs are not
> able to represent all the uint64 range precisely (IIRC, they can
> represent integers up to 48bits?).

[ looks... ]  Oh, NV is a "double", which I think would be a perfectly
reasonable choice: it'd be exact up to about 2^53, on most machines,
which should be plenty for a long time to come.

How much of a user-visible change would that be, if the "processed"
field of a spi_exec_query() result started coming back as an NV not
an IV?  I'm not sure how much that would affect semantics in typical
Perl code.