Re: BUG #3265: 8.1 -> 8.2 behviour change: View owner must have access to underlying tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #3265: 8.1 -> 8.2 behviour change: View owner must have access to underlying tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Russell Smith <mr-russ@pws.com.au> writes:
> But this also means that a super user is not really a super user
> anymore.  Are we comfortable with this redefinition?

Hm?  It has never been the case that a view would act differently for a
superuser than it would when invoked by someone else.  The bug here is
in ALTER OWNER failing to reassign the view's permissions checks
properly, not in how they are enforced later.