Re: Syntax for partitioning

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Syntax for partitioning
Дата
Re: Syntax for partitioning  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 19:12 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Wait, it doesn't? A typmod is a 32-bit integer, like Oids. Am I missing
> something?

Oid is unsigned, typmod is signed. We might be able to get away with it,
but -1 is treated specially in some places outside of the type-specific
functions, e.g. exprTypmod().

I haven't looked at all of these places yet, so maybe a few simple
changes would allow us to treat typmod as a full 32 bits. Or perhaps it
could just be expanded to a signed 64-bit int. What do you think?

Regards,Jeff Davis