Re: client_lc_messages

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: client_lc_messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2009-10-22 at 10:59 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> What I am wondering right now is whether we could have two separate
> attributes, one SUSET defining what goes to the log, and another one
> USERSET defining what's sent to the client.

Note that only glibc supports switching the language at run time.  And
doing it is probably very expensive if you want to do it twice per
message.

I think you could probably get much of the use case out of this if you
concentrate on making two switches for the client and the log, which can
be set to a language or "untranslated", and if you choose a language it
has to be the same for both.