Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points
Дата
Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Incorrect behaviour when using a GiST index on points  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I need someone to review this patch for 9.3.  We have already missed
> fixing this for 9.2.

So put it in the next commitfest.

FWIW, I looked at this last week, and concluded I didn't have enough
confidence in it to push it into 9.2 at the last minute.

There's also the big-picture question of whether we should just get rid
of fuzzy comparisons in the geometric types instead of trying to hack
indexes to work around them.  I'd really rather have us debate that
question and resolve it one way or the other before spending time on the
details of patches that take the second approach.