Re: pg_dump warning message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump warning message
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David Rickard <David.Rickard@GTScompanies.com> writes:
> The pg_dump switches indicate a "custom" file format, and the output file
> is a standard plain-text UNIX file.
> Nevertheless, when the export runs, it throws this warning for each
> database instance:
> pg_dump: [archiver] WARNING: requested compression not available in this
> installation - archive will be uncompressed

This indicates that you built Postgres without compression support (no zlib).
The default for -Fc format, however, is to compress, and you get this
bleat because it can't do so.  I think you can suppress the bleating by
adding "-Z 0" to the switches ... but it might be better to install zlib
and rebuild.