Re: Vote on Windows installer links

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 02:03 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 22:52:53 Josh Berkus wrote:
> > For that matter, any opinions about whether to change the download
> > page or not need to be informed by the question of what resources we'd
> > lose if it's not hosted at EDB.com.  People need to know what they're
> > voting on, and right now they don't.  Heck, I don't, so I wouldn't
> > take a vote.
>
> All of this could clearly be solved if someone just took the EDB installer,
> remastered it without the offending logos, and hosted it on a *.postgresql.org
> server.

That sounds very reasonable to me. Now that the feelings of many people
have been expressed this should be achievable.

Surely we are not in a position where a sponsoring company will refuse
to make reasonable changes when requested by a significant number of
people?

Сообщение: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Сообщение: Re: Vote on Windows installer links