Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> I don't think anyone ever imagined that the bug actually allowed people
> to use utilities in a way that was useful to them, but unintended by
> everyone else. Had we done, we would certainly have made the warnings
> more obvious and considered workarounds.

Actually, we thought that this had all been resolved years ago when we
made the Unix versions work like that; fixing the Windows code to behave
like the Unix versions seemed minor.

What I find surprising is that it seems a substantial community of apps
is already in existence that have never been run with anything but
Windows Postgres.