Re: default_text_search_config and expression indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: default_text_search_config and expression indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian escribi�:
>> What has really hurt the default GUC idea is how to do restores from a
>> pg_dump.

> I guess what should happen is that pg_dump should include a
> SET default_text_search_config = 'foo'
> just before the CREATE INDEX, like we do for other variables.

The nasty cases are in data-only dumps, that is, where you're trying to
load data into a table with pre-existing indexes or triggers.  A SET
like the above is at least as likely to be wrong as right, if the index
or trigger depends on it to tell it what to do.