Re: BUG #18331: Why is the session lock (DEFAULT_LOCKMETHOD) not automatically released during process exit?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18331: Why is the session lock (DEFAULT_LOCKMETHOD) not automatically released during process exit?
Дата
Ответ на BUG #18331: Why is the session lock (DEFAULT_LOCKMETHOD) not automatically released during process exit?  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> The comment for the function LockRelationIdForSession mentions “It will be
> removed  when UnlockRelationIdForSession() is called, or if an
> ereport(ERROR) occurs,  or if the backend exits.”
> However, the callback function ShutdownPostgres, which is triggered during
> process exit, only cleans up locks of type USER_LOCKMETHOD. Is it possible
> to automatically clean up session locks of type DEFAULT_LOCKMETHOD?

I think you are looking in the wrong place.  Normal locks are released
in the transaction-ending code.  We need the special case in
ShutdownPostgres because that's not true for user locks.