Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Also agreed on this, though I wonder- do we actually need to explicitly
> make CREATE DATABASE q WITH OID = 1234; only work during binary upgrade
> mode in the backend?  That strikes me as perhaps doing more work than we
> really need to while also preventing something that users might actually
> like to do.

There should be adequate defenses against a duplicate OID already,
so +1 --- no reason to insist this only be used during binary upgrade.

Actually though ... I've not read the patch, but what does it do about
the fact that the postgres and template0 DBs do not have stable OIDs?
I cannot imagine any way to force those to match across PG versions
that would not be an unsustainable crock.