Re: Simplifying unknown-literal handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simplifying unknown-literal handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews@supernews.com> writes:
> Are there any cases where UNKNOWN can be received from the frontend as
> a binary value? I suspect there are.

Sure, but that's transparent because we have binary I/O converters.
You will have trouble if you try to inject an embedded zero that way,
but the end result will look about the same as when you try to inject
an embedded zero now: the data after the zero will be dropped on readout.