Re: escaping and quoting

От Maarten Deprez
Тема Re: escaping and quoting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Does the program work correctly despite the warnings?

At least it seems so. I'm using it as email server without problems.

> What API are you using (there is no EscapeBytea function in the C API)?

It's the PQescapeBytea function from libpq. Note that i didn't write the
program, so i don't know the code so well.

> Exactly how does the bytea string constant look that you send to the server?

For example (taken from the log and completed a bit):
INSERT INTO ... (..., messageblk,blocksize, physmessage_id) VALUES
(0,'SA\\304...')

> Are there any other strings with backslashes in your statements?

Don't know, probably yes. The backslashes are probably generated by the
escape function.

Greetings,
Maarten Deprez