Re: Read transactions don't work on 7.0.x db's

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Read transactions don't work on 7.0.x db's
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> The multiple statements in one call is there for performance reasons.
> Please don't remove it entirely since it works fine in 7.1 and 7.2.
> Instead your fix should be conditional based on server version:

Given that someone else is proposing a patch that will break backward
compatibility to 7.0 servers anyway, I'm unconvinced that we need this
at all.  Perhaps a discussion about the costs and benefits of backwards
compatibility in the JDBC driver is needed --- what tradeoffs do people
want to make?