Re: Read-ahead and parallelism in redo recovery

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Read-ahead and parallelism in redo recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 15:49 +0100, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> I know that Simon has some ideas about parallel restored, though I don't
> know how he wants to solve the dependency issues involved. Perhaps by
> not parallelizing withon one table or index...

Well, I think that problem is secondary to making progress with your
work on hot standby. I don't want to tune the existing setup and then
make it harder to introduce new features.

I'm aiming to review your patches in this commit fest, with a view to
getting the work fully committed by 4-6 months from now, assuming your
happy to make any changes we identify. That still leaves us time to tune
things before next release.

The hope is to increase the level of functionality here. We may not be
able to move forwards in just one more stride. Warm Standby has taken
last 4 releases to mature to where we are now and the work ahead is at
least as difficult as what has gone before.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com