Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations
Дата
Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 20:03 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I wonder how hard it would be to shove the clog into regular shared
> memory pages and let the clock sweep take care of adjusting the
> percentage of shared mem allocated to the clog versus data pages.

There is a reason that's not been done... try it and see.

Plus it doesn't fully resolve the main issue as described.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com