AW: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Bench mark Tests

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Bench mark Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The thing that was the most fun about this (the PostgreSQL steering
> committee got a sneak preview of the results a couple of
> months ago) was
> that we have never made an effort to benchmark Postgres against other
> databases, so we had no quantitative measurement on how we were doing.
> And we are doing pretty good!

I think of most value would be a benchmark that joe-programmer can download
and test for himself. Is this benchmark available for private use ?
Why would a benchmark need a tool (like Benchmark Factory) ?
I think an easy doityourself benchmark would be an extremely good
advertising effort if it holds what Xpert Inc. sais.

Andreas