AW: LIKE/ESCAPE et al, initdb required!

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: LIKE/ESCAPE et al, initdb required!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've bumped the system catalog version number and committed changes
> which:

>  o implement CREATE/DROP SCHEMA as a synonym for CREATE DATABASE

This is imho wrong !
Please do not preassume results to a discussion that is not over or has
not reached a consensus.

Some of us (me) where of the opinion that schema must be a hierarchy below
our database.
Access to different schemas within one session is mandatory.
Non default schemas need to be syntactically specified with:schemaname.tabname

So I ask you to please revert the above change unless we reach a consensus.

Andreas