Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)
Список pgsql-patches
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 13:08 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
> This fails on Solaris 9 buildfarm members kudu and dragonfly because they
> do not support the "hh" scanf modifier using in UUID_FMTx.

Hmmm. I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to rewrite the uuid
parsing function to not depend on sscanf(). On thinking about it more,
perhaps we should be using the in-memory layout described by RFC 4122:

struct pg_uuid_t
{
    uint32   time_low;
    uint16   time_mid;
    uint16   time_hi_and_version;
    uint8    clock_seq_hi_and_reserved;
    uint8    clock_seq_low;
    char[6]  node;
};

But that can wait for later. Working on fixing the parsing code, I'll
post a patch shortly.

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] server process (PID xxx) was
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] server process (PID xxx) was