Re: BUG #17962: postgresql 11 hangs on poly_contain with specific data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17962: postgresql 11 hangs on poly_contain with specific data
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Anyway, I am not really convinced that we need to do anything here,
> either, knowing that v12 is able to fail early without relying on
> check_stack_depth(), and that v11 will be EOL'd in a couple of
> months.

Yeah, I couldn't get excited about it either.  The fact that an
underflow check stops the loop seems a bit accidental.  But the
proposed patch is not noticeably less magic than that, and who's
to say whether it doesn't cause unnecessary failures in other
cases besides the one given?