Re: 14.1 immutable function, bad performance if check number = 'NaN'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 14.1 immutable function, bad performance if check number = 'NaN'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Federico Travaglini <federico.travaglini@aubay.it> writes:
> This funcion in used as a column in a select on about 400k records
> If I leave the highlighted row it takes 27 seconds, otherwise 14 seconds!
> Such behaviour looks not to be reasonable.

It's not at all clear which line you think is the "highlighted" one.

However, I'm guessing that this SQL function is a candidate for
inlining, so you might try comparing EXPLAIN VERBOSE output for
the query with both forms of the function.  Perhaps that will
yield some insight into what's expensive.