Re: ALTER USER ..... PASSWORD ....

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: ALTER USER ..... PASSWORD ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The point is, it hangs around: in backup 'tapes' to begin with.

And if it's the case of postmaster history, there may be lots of other
people passwords to find. (So I generaly disable postmaster
psql_history, but that's a nuicence).

But as I said, it's a sort of a nuicence, not really an issue.

Obviously, psql is not a place for any extensive command filtering. But
this touches security and I would be willing to have an exception here.

Still, that's just my 2c.

Regards,

-R

--