Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Список pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2006-05-24 kell 09:56, kirjutas Zeugswetter
Andreas DCP SD:
> > Added to TODO:
> >
> >         o Add ALTER TABLE tab ADD/DROP INHERITS parent
>
> Sounds good, more inline with add/drop constraint.
>
> >           pg_attribute.attislocal has to be set to 'false' for ADD,
> and
> >> attislocal: If you set this to False, you wouldn't be able to set it
> >> back again.
>
> Just curious, why is that ?
>
> >           pg_attribute.attinhcount adjusted appropriately
>
> Do we have a plan on what to do with RI constraints on the parent
> when doing DROP INHERTITS ?

I think this is out of scope of this discussion, as we do not currently
support RI over inherited tables. IOW RI is always on one table ONLY.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com